Last Update April 8, 2021
Good news! Scandinave Spa Mont-Tremblant will remain open and will continue to welcome you to enjoy springtime on our site in the great outdoors.
To comply with the new preventive measures issued by the Quebec Ministry of Health and Social Services, we will have to temporarily close our saunas, steam rooms and indoor relaxation areas as of April 8. You will still be able to relax and enjoy the mild weather in our outdoor baths and relaxation areas.
Physical distance respected
To ensure relaxation, our installations have been reorganized to permit 2 metres between guests. Guests are also limited to groups of 2 people.
Overall capacity reduced
Relaxation in the heart of nature is at the core of everything we do. Until further notice, we will reduce the number of guests experiencing the spa in order to open up space in common areas indoors and in our outdoor amenities.
Enhanced hygiene measures
We follow a strict hygiene protocol, exceeding INSPQ requirements, in all our facilities and water management, on a daily basis. Guests will also be asked to follow new hygiene protocols to ensure everyone’s safety.
Healthy guests and team monitoring
We commit to providing a safe, accessible and sustainable environment for everyone. Employee and massage therapist health conditions are monitored daily. Greeting areas, workspaces and break rooms have also been reorganized to accommodate physical distancing.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following outlines the measures in place to offer you a safe and secure environment and maintain the quality of your relaxation experience.
Which services are currently available?
LAST UPDATE April 8th, 2021
The good news is that you can enjoy the mild spring weather on our site in the heart of nature.
Our outdoor baths and relaxation areas remain open. Relaxation in the heart of nature is at the core of everything we do. We have reduced the number of guests on site at any one time to respect your personal space and comfort from start to finish.
Our massage therapy treatments and business hours are not affected by these new measures.
As of April 8th, to comply with the new preventive measures issued by the Quebec Ministry of Health and Social Services, we will temporarily close :
- our saunas,
- our steam baths,
- our indoor relaxation areas including our solariums.
Please note that we have revised our business hours until further notice to respect the curfew in effect. The last massage is at 7:30 p.m. to allow our employees and guests to get home safely.
Our bistro remains closed until further notice. Thank you.
What hygiene measures and sanitary guidelines has the spa implemented?
Our cleaning and disinfection protocol have always exceeded the requirements of health authorities. During daily operations and over-night, in-depth cleaning of our indoor and outdoor installations is completed.
In addition to regular cleaning, new disinfection procedures have been added to increase the sanitization of frequently touched areas such as lockers, door handles, tablets, and handrails.
Water is disinfected with chlorine, a disinfectant known to kill viruses and bacteria. Water quality control tests are performed twice as frequently as required by health authorities, to ensure the water is optimal and its parameters are appropriately adjusted. In addition, an independent company conducts water tests every two weeks.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been added in the most strategic places throughout the site.
- Before going to the baths or to their massages, our guests must take a cleansing shower with soap. Showering is also mandatory after a massage, prior to entering the baths.
- Two large towels are given to each guest to allow guests to sit on a towel when using installations such as relaxation areas and saunas.
- Personal bathrobes are not accepted on the site until further notice.
- All our massage packages include the robe rental. If you come for the baths experience only, the rental is available at the reception but is not mandatory.
- The indoor facilities have been reorganized to minimize traffic by respecting the two-metre distance between guests.
- All magazines and other frequently handled objects, such as pillows and blankets, have been removed from the baths site.
How will physical distancing be implemented?
The overall capacity has been reduced to respect a minimum distance of two meters per guest throughout the site. Certain areas have been rearranged to avoid having too many guests in one area. Our team will ensure this temporary rule will be respected, and new signs will indicate the maximum capacity in each installation.
Do I have to wear a mask during my visit?
Yes, each guest is required to wear a mask upon arrival at the reception.
They must also continue to wear it throughout the experience, at the reception, in the locker rooms, waiting and relaxation areas, while moving between facilities and during the massage.
It is possible to bring your own mask for the baths experience. Guests can also purchase a single-use mask for $2 at the reception.
If you have a massage reservation, a procedure mask will be given to you at check-in and it is mandatory to wear it for your massage. Personal masks and face coverings will not be accepted.
All employees working within a radius of less than two metres from a colleague or guest must also wear a face mask. Massage therapists must wear safety glasses and a face mask during the massage.
How did you establish the new hygienic measures specific to massage therapy services?
Scandinave Spa Group is following the recommendations of the INSPQ, Quebec Ministry of Health and Social Services, the CNESST and the various massage therapy associations of Quebec.
Which preventive measures apply specifically to massage therapy?
- The massage schedule has been reduced temporarily to allow for sanitization of the facilities between clients, as well as to limit interactions between guests. Also, the last massage is at 7:30 p.m. to respect the curfew requested by the authorities.
- Guests must take a shower before and after their massage.
- CHECK-IN 45 MINUTES PRIOR to reservation time is required.
- Your locker is reserved 2 hours before your massage so you can enjoy the Scandinavian baths experience.
- The health and hygiene of massage therapists are monitored daily.
- An additional COVID-19 questionnaire has been added to the client’s screening process. Guests are asked to complete and sign it before their massage.
- Massage therapists shall wear a single-use procedure mask and a pair of safety glasses during the massage.
- It is mandatory for guests to wear a procedure mask for the duration of the massage, and it will be provided at check-in. Personal masks and face coverings will not be accepted.
- Hand hygiene is crucial, and massage therapists must wash their hands in the guest’s presence when entering and leaving a massage room.
- At the end of each massage, the rooms are completely sanitized in accordance with a strict protocol based on INSPQ recommendations.
What is the reduced massage schedule?
The current massage schedule is from 9 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
What is your massage cancellation policy?
Cancellations or modifications made within 48 hours of a massage reservation will be subject to a $60 cancellation fee per 60 min. massage and $85 per 120 min. massage.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, Scandinave Spa will be more accommodating and will assess each situation on a case-by-case basis.
However, if you have any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough or shortness of breath) or if you are required to self-isolate, we kindly ask you to not visit the spa and contact our reservation team to cancel your appointment.
Are all massage techniques available upon reopening?
Yes, all massage techniques are available: Swedish relaxation, therapeutic, deep tissue and prenatal massage, offered in sessions of 60 or 120 minute depending on availability.
To ensure physical distancing, duo massages and facial massages are temporarily not offered.
What are the policies in place?
You agree to follow these health & safety guidelines:
- Respect physical distancing
- Respect maximum capacity
- Wash your hands often
- Shower before & after massage
- Sit on your towel
You agree to follow the following spa etiquette rules:
- Silence is mandatory
- Electronic devices are prohibited
- Bringing a lunch box is prohibited
- Bathing suits are mandatory
- Experience reserved for 18 years old and over
To ensure the quality of the experience and the safety of other guests and employees, there will be zero tolerance for non-compliance with these policies.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our on-site teams if you have any questions or comments during your experience. Thank you.
Are any of your services offered after the curfew?
To ensure a worry-free experience, the last massage is at 7:30 p.m. We advise you to check your travel times in advance for a safe return home before the curfew begins.
Health of Guests and Staff
How are you ensuring the health of guests and staff members?
We regularly monitor our employee’s health and support employees to stay home if they are sick. Guests will be asked screening questions prior to entering the lobby and will be provided with hand sanitizer at that time. Physical distancing protocols have been implemented including floor markings, directional markers and maximum capacities for installations.
All employees working within a radius of less than two metres from a colleague or guest must also wear a mask. Massage therapists must wear safety glasses and a procedure face mask during the massage.
I don’t live in the local community, am I allowed to visit the spa?
The government recommends avoiding all non-essential travel between regions without prohibiting it. Scandinave Spa Group will continue to operate with strict adherence to safety protocols established by health authorities.
We ask all guests to follow all hygiene measures and sanitary guidelines implemented to ensure a safe and relaxing experience, including health checks for all our guests and staff prior to entering the spa.
What should I do if I have symptoms or if I may have been exposed to Covid-19 and have already reserved for the baths or a massage?
If any of these situations apply to you within the last 15 days:
- Travelled outside Canada,
- Been in contact with anyone with COVID-19,
- New cough or worsening cough,
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing,
we kindly ask you to not visit the spa and contact our reservation team to cancel your appointment. Due to the ongoing pandemic, Scandinave Spa will be more flexible with the cancellation policy and will assess each situation on a case-by-case basis.
We reserve the right to refuse access to anyone who does not comply with these conditions.
We didn’t answer all your questions? Visit our complete and detailed frequently asked questions page.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.