We are extremely pleased to announce the complete reopening of Scandinave Spa Vieux-Montreal.
The health of our guests, employees and therapists is our priority. We have implemented new protocols to comply with public health guidelines and provide you with a safe and healthy environment while allowing you to disconnect and enjoy a relaxing experience.
Physical distance respected
To encourage more relaxation, our installations have been reorganized to permit 2 metres between guests. Guests are also limited to groups of 2 people.
Overall capacity reduced
For the next while, we will reduce the number of guests experiencing the spa.
Enhanced hygiene measures
We follow a strict hygiene protocol exceeding INSPQ requirements applying to all our facilities and water management, on a daily basis. Guests will also be asked to follow new hygiene protocols to ensure everyone’s safety.
Healthy guests and team monitoring
We commit to provide a safe, accessible and sustainable environment for everyone. We monitor daily our employees and massage therapist’s health conditions. Greeting areas, workspaces and break rooms have also been reorganized to accommodate physical distancing.
We are authorized to fully reopen as of June 28th.
As of Sunday June 28th, we are pleased to announce the complete reopening of the spa including the baths. Services will be offered in accordance with the best practices of hygiene and excellence.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please see some frequently asked questions below. If your question isn’t answered, feel free to reach out to our Customer team here
DO I HAVE TO WEAR A MASK DURING MY VISIT?
Starting Saturday, July 18, guests are required to wear their masks when arriving at the reception and should wear it throughout the experience except when in the shower, baths and saunas, resting in our relaxation. We therefore ask that you arrive at the spa wearing your mask and we kindly ask you to wear your mask during your experience:
- Mandatory: reception, changing rooms, waiting rooms and during your massage
- Optional: shower, hot baths, dry sauna, steam bath, Nordic baths, river, or relaxation areas.
Guests can purchase a single-use mask for $2 at the reception for massages.
WHICH SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AS OF JUNE 28th, 2020?
The spa has been gradually reopened since June 1st to provide massage therapy services only.
Our relaxation areas and direct access to the river were accessible and at no extra cost until June 27th with massages. As of Sunday June 28th, we are pleased to announce the complete reopening of the spa including the hydrotherapy circuit.
Please note our maximum capacity has been reduced to respect the physical distancing between our guests. Access for the baths experience is on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservation required. The best way to guarantee your place in the baths is to book a massage.
HOW DID YOU ESTABLISH THE NEW HYGIENIC MEASURES SPECIFIC TO MASSAGE THERAPY SERVICES?
Scandinave Spa Group is following the recommendations of the INSPQ, Health Canada, the CNESST and the various massage therapy associations of Quebec.
WHICH PREVENTIVE MEASURES APPLY SPECIFICALLY TO MASSAGE THERAPY?
- The spa will be open on a reduced schedule temporarily to allow for sanitation of the facilities between clients, as well as to limit interactions between guests.
- Guests must take a shower before and after their massage.
- The duo massage and facial massages are unavailable until further notice.
- The health and hygiene of massage therapists are monitored daily.
- An additional COVID-19 questionnaire has been added to the client’s screening process. Guests are asked to complete and sign it before their massage.
- Massage therapists shall wear a single-use mask and change their shirt between massages.
- Guests can bring their own mask or can buy a single-use mask upon arrival ($2) to wear during their massage.
- Hand hygiene is crucial, and massage therapists must wash their hands in the guest’s presence when entering and leaving a massage room.
- At the end of each massage, the rooms are completely sanitized in accordance with a strict protocol based on INSPQ recommendations.
WHAT IS THE REDUCED MASSAGE SCHEDULE?
The massage schedule has been reduced temporarily to allow for sanitation between each massage and to limit interactions between guests. Here are the new hours: 9-10 AM, 10:30-11:30 AM, 12-1:00 PM, 1:30-2:30 PM, 3:30-4:30 PM, 5:00-6:00 PM, 6:30-7:30 PM, 8-9:00 PM.
Our business hours are 8:30 AM to 9:30 PM every day.
SHOULD I WEAR A MASK FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
Yes. It is mandatory for guests to wear a mask for the duration of the massage. Guests can bring their own mask or purchase a single-use one for $2 at the reception.
For the baths, the mask is not mandatory if guests respect the signage on the site and the physical distancing during their experience.
All employees working within a radius of less than two metres from a colleague or guest must also wear a mask. Massage therapists must wear safety glasses and a face mask during the massage.
WHAT IS YOUR MASSAGE CANCELLATION POLICY?
A scheduled massage can be cancelled with 24 hours’ notice. Given the present context, however, Scandinave Spa is willing to be flexible. If you show COVID-19 symptoms within the 24-hour period, contact us as soon as possible by phone to cancel your appointment at no charge.
ARE ALL MASSAGE TECHNIQUES AVAILABLE UPON REOPENING?
Yes, all massage techniques are available: Swedish relaxation, therapeutic, Lomi Atsu, Thai oil massage and massage for pregnant women. All sessions are either 60 or 120 minutes, subject to availability.
HOW DO I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
Online reservations can be made here now. Appointments can be booked by phone starting at this number: (514) 288-2009.
ARE THERE ANY MASSAGE PROMOTIONS AT PRESENT?
For our reopening on June 1, a massage alone (without access to the baths) is currently being offered starting at $110. That is the only promotion available at this time. No other promotions are running at present. Stay tuned for more by signing up for our newsletter or by checking the promotion tab on our website here.
WHAT HYGIENE MEASURES AND SANITARY GUIDELINES HAS THE SPA IMPLEMENTED?
Our cleaning and sanitation protocol has always exceeded the requirements of health authorities. During daily operations and overnight, in-depth cleaning of our indoor and outdoor facilities is done.
In addition to regular cleaning, new sanitation procedures have been added to increase the cleanliness of frequently touched areas such as lockers, door handles, tablets and handrails.
Water is purified with chlorine, a disinfectant known to kill viruses and bacteria. Water quality control tests are performed twice as often as required by health authorities to ensure that the water is optimal and that its parameters are properly balanced. In addition, an independent company conducts water tests every two weeks.
WHAT ENHANCED HYGIENE PROTOCOLS ARE IN PLACE?
- Hand sanitizing stations have been added in the most strategic places throughout the site.
- Before going to the baths or to their massages, our guests must take a cleansing shower with soap. Showering is also mandatory after a massage, prior to entering the baths.
- Guests are welcome to bring their own sandals or purchase a new pair at reception.
- All magazines and other frequently handled objects, such as pillows and blankets, have been removed from the baths site.
- The indoor facilities have been reorganized to minimize traffic by respecting the two-metre distance between guests.
- Two large towels are provided to each guest to allow guests to sit on a towel when using facilities such as relaxation areas or saunas. This procedure is closely monitored by staff to ensure that each guest always has a towel on-site.
HOW ARE YOU ENSURING THE HEALTH OF GUESTS AND STAFF?
We regularly monitor our employee’s health and encourage employees to stay home if they are sick.
Guests will be screened prior to entering the lobby and provided with hand sanitizer at that time. Guests will be required to take a shower before and after their massage and before entering the baths. Physical distancing protocols have been implemented, including floor markings, directional markers and maximum capacities for various facilities.
HOW WILL PHYSICAL DISTANCING BE IMPLEMENTED?
The overall capacity has been reduced to respect a minimum distance of two metres per guest throughout the site. Some areas have been rearranged to avoid having too many guests gather in one place. Our team will ensure compliance with this temporary rule. New signs will indicate the maximum capacity in each area.
WILL YOU DENY SERVICE TO SICK PEOPLE?
Yes, access to the spa will be denied to any person who is symptomatic, has recently travelled or who has been in contact with a suspected, probable, or confirmed case of COVID-19. No exceptions will be made.
Check our FAQ below. If you don’t find the answer to your question there, feel free to contact our customer service team at (514) 288-2009.
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DO YOU ACCEPT?
It is possible to pay by debit card, credit card (Master Card, Visa, Amex), monetary gift card, or with a promotional gift card. If you pay with a gift idea that includes the baths, the remaining value equivalent to the access to the baths will be given to you in the form of a gift card. Gift cards purchased on Costco.ca are not accepted while Costco gift cards purchased in store are accepted. Please contact Costco if you would like a refund for gift cards purchased online.
IS VALET SERVICE AVAILABLE?
No, valet service is temporarily unavailable. The service will be back as soon as possible.