Scandinave Spa Whistler’s Response to COVID-19
The health of our guests, employees, and therapists is our priority. Our COVID-19 safety protocols go above and beyond public health guidelines to provide a safe and healthy environment so you can unplug from your daily life, fully relax, and indulge in an unforgettable experience. Upon check-in, you will be asked to fill out our waiver and enter your email for contact tracing. Masks are mandatory in all indoor spaces at the spa including steam rooms, saunas, relaxation lounges, the lobby/check-in area, bistro line-up, change rooms, massage waiting rooms, and for the duration of all massages. Read below for our extensive COVID-19 safety protocols.
Our COVID-19 Safety Measures
Physical distance respected and capacity reduced
Masks are required in all indoor spaces including relaxation lounges, steam rooms, saunas, change rooms and massage.
Enhanced hygiene measures
Healthy guests and team monitoring
The well-being of our team and our guests is important to us. Here are our COVID-19 safety protocols:
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor spaces including steam rooms, saunas, relaxation lounges, the lobby/check-in area, bistro line-up, and change rooms.
- Masks are mandatory for guests and therapists in the massage waiting rooms and for the duration of all massages.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been added around the spa and spray disinfectant is available so guests can wipe down any surfaces including seating in the relaxation areas.
- Before going to the baths, and before and after a massage, guests must take a cleansing shower with soap.
- All magazines, pillows, and blankets have been removed from the baths site.
- At this time we will not be allowing personal robes or towels to be used on site. Guests with a bath reservation will be provided with two towels. Robes can be rented.
- Indoor relaxation areas have been reorganized into pods of two, to allow two meters of space between guests. Moving furniture is prohibited.
- Capacity maximums are posted in front of each spa installation. Please observe before entering to ensure physical distancing can be maintained.
- Guests can move in a clockwise direction around the spa’s features. Directional signage is clearly posted.
- Guests are required to sit on a towel at all times in relaxation areas, steam rooms, and saunas. This directive will be monitored by staff.
- Guests should bring a pre-filled water bottle. There are disposable cups and water stations around the spa. To avoid contamination always use a new disposable cup to drink from and/or refill bottles.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please see some frequently asked questions below. If your question isn’t answered, feel free to reach out to our team here.
Public Health Officer order update – February 5, 2021
By order and direction of the PHO, all individuals, places of work, and businesses have been advised to significantly reduce social interactions and travel. The order is in effect from February 5, 2021 until further notice.
BC’s public health officials strongly recommend avoiding all non-essential travel. This includes travel into and out of B.C. and between regions of the province.
The spa will continue to operate the Scandinavian baths and provide massage with strict adherence to our established COVID-19 safety protocols. We ask all guests to follow the recommendations of health authorities to keep themselves and others safe, including physical distancing, wearing a mask properly, in all indoor spaces, and practicing good hand hygiene.
Is the spa still open?
Yes, the spa is fully open, and we will operate through this Provincial Health Officer (PHO) order for our local community.
I don’t live in the local community of Whistler – am I allowed to visit the spa?
Travel in the province of BC has been ordered by the Provincial Health Officer to be limited to essential travel until further notice.
Are there any changes to the spa’s operations?
The Scandinave Spa Whistler has been operating with extensive COVID-19 safety protocols and will continue to strictly adhere to these measures in line with the Provincial Health Officer’s orders while remaining open. You can access all our COVID-19 preventive measures on this page.
What hygiene measures and sanitary guidelines have the spa implemented?
Our cleaning and disinfection protocols have always exceeded the requirements of health authorities. During daily operations and overnight, in-depth cleaning of our indoor and outdoor installations takes place.
In addition to regular cleaning, new disinfection procedures have been added to increase the sanitization of frequently touched areas such as lockers, door handles, tablets, and handrails.
Water is treated with chlorine, a disinfectant known to kill viruses and bacteria. Water quality control tests are performed twice as frequently as required by health authorities, to ensure the cleanliness of the water is optimal and that its parameters are appropriately adjusted. In addition, an independent company conducts water tests every two weeks.
Are masks mandatory at the spa?
On November 24, 2020, the Use of Face Coverings in Indoor Public Spaces (COVID-19) Order was updated to specifically interpret indoor public spaces in the context of “personal services” includes saunas and steam baths. Indoor spaces at Scandinave Spa Whistler are defined as the following:
- Steam rooms
- Relaxation areas, solariums, and yoga studio
- Change rooms including shower and washroom areas
- Interior hallways and stairways
- Massage waiting rooms and for the entire duration of the massage
- Bistro when not seated and eating in designated bistro seating.
Guests may take their mask off when experiencing all outdoor features including the hot baths and cold plunges.
Don’t forget to bring your mask into the hydrotherapy area with you – the mask will be required to re-enter the changerooms. We have small waterproof pouches for purchase at check-in to keep masks dry or bring your own small bag for mask storage while in the hydrotherapy area.
How are you ensuring the health of guests and staff members?
We regularly monitor our employees’ health and support employees to stay home if they are sick.
Guests will be asked screening questions prior to entering the lobby and will be provided with hand sanitizer at that time. Contact email addresses for guests will be taken to assist with contract tracing in the event it is required. Guests will be required to take a shower before and after their massage and before entering the baths. Physical distancing protocols have been implemented including floor markings, directional markers, and maximum capacities for installations.
Scandinave Spa Whistler requires all guests to wear a mask in all indoor spaces including relaxation lounges, steam rooms, saunas, and change rooms. Masks are mandatory in the spa’s massage waiting rooms and for the entire duration of massages for both the guest and therapist.
Our COVID-19 health and safety plan is available for review here: COVID-19 safety plan
How will physical distancing be implemented?
The overall capacity has been reduced to respect a minimum distance of two meters per guest throughout the site. Certain areas have been rearranged to avoid having too many guests in one area. Our team will help ensure physical distancing and maximum capacities in features are respected and we ask that guests do their best to follow these guidelines and monitor themselves so enforcement by staff isn’t necessary.
Will you refuse service to sick people?
Yes, access to the spa will be refused to any person who is symptomatic, has recently traveled, or has been in contact with a suspected, probable, or confirmed case of COVID-19. No exceptions will be made.
Can I still enjoy the experience with a partner?
We understand our guests like sharing the experience with a partner, and we can check-in a maximum of two people at the same time. The layout of our relaxation areas has been specially rethought to give you the chance to relax with your loved one. Please note our services are not accessible to guests under 19 years old.