Frequently Asked Questions
What are your policies and conditions?
- Guests must be 18 years or older. Guests may be asked to show identification.
- Rates are per person, taxes not included.
- Prices subject to change without notice.
- Reservations are required for massage treatments. Baths access can be reserved or Guests can add themselves to the wait list. We discourage Guests from arriving on-site without a reservation or a notification text from the wait list app.
- Due to capacity limitations and social distancing requirements, a maximum of 2 Guests will be permitted to experience the spa together. We cannot make exceptions to this policy.
- There are no in and out privileges for registered Guests.
- Towels and a locker are provided. Guests may bring a robe. A plastic or stainless steel water bottle for hydration is recommended.
- Massage Guests receive complimentary access to the Scandinavian Baths and a rental robe during their visit.
- Bathing suits are mandatory, sandals are recommended.
- Guests are not permitted to use cell phones or cameras in the Baths activity or in the Massage Pavilion.
- Massage Guests are guaranteed check-in 1 hour prior to their massage appointment. Guests who arrive prior to that time may be subject to the wait list. Guests with 6:15pm can arrive 2 hours in advance and 7:45pm massages can arrive as early as 4:45pm to enjoy the Baths experience, which closes at 8:45 pm.
- Full payment is required at time of booking for all reservations. We accept Visa, Master Card and AMEX.
- Scandinave Spa Gift Cards can be redeemed and applied as payment for your spa visit at check-in only (your credit card will be refunded at check-in if a gift card is redeemed).
- Changes and cancellations to all reservations may be made up to 48 hours in advance of the scheduled appointment. Please call or email to cancel. In case of severe weather warnings or emergencies, cancellations may be made within 48 hours.
- In an effort to maintain the health and safety of Scandinave Spa employees, guests and massage therapists, masks are mandatory everywhere indoors and during massage treatments. Please note, this may change as ordered by Grey Bruce Public Health.
Are massages reimbursable by my private group insurance?
All of our Massage Therapists are registered and regulated by the CMTO (College of Massage Therapists of Ontario) and can issue receipts for insurance purposes. All Guests are required to fill out a health history form in advance of your massage treatment. Note: A review and discussion of your health history form is part of your treatment time.
Your massage receipt will reflect the method of payment. For more information, please click here
Are there peak periods or promotional times?
At this time, we do not have any promotional rates.
Peak or busy times to visit are typically weekends and holidays. We recommend guests book in advance for best availability.
What important information should I know about your gift cards?
- Gift cards can be purchased online (emailed gift cards only) or at Spa Reception. Gift cards purchased over the phone will be mailed to the purchaser only and an Express Post shipping fee will apply.
- Please present a physical, digital or printed copy of your gift card upon check-in.
- We can only accept a physical, digital or printed copy of your gift card upon check-in.
- Gift cards have a monetary amount and are valid at all Scandinave Spa locations. Use of gift cards at other Scandinave Spa locations may be subject to other terms and conditions.
- Gift cards purchased online are not valid until 48 hours after purchase.
- Gift cards are in Canadian currency and do not expire.
- The gift card cannot be redeemed for cash, or applied as payment to any account unless required by law and may not be resold or used for contests or promotions without prior authorization from Scandinave Spa.
- Refunds can only be issued to the purchaser of the gift card and within 45 days from date of purchase.
- Except in certain circumstances, the value of gift card will not be replaced if the card is lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Use of gift cards constitutes acknowledgement of the terms and conditions of Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain and its health warning.
- Guests must be 18 years old at Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain.
What are your opening hours?
We are open daily from 9:00 am to 9:00 p.m., rain or shine. Parking is available from 8am-9:30pm only. During extreme weather conditions, we may have to adjust our hours to ensure the safety of our Guests. For information during these instances, please check for updates on our Twitter Feed.
December 24: 9am-6pm
December 25: closed
How do I make reservations?
Reservations are available online or by phone. We require full payment for reservations at time of booking.
Massage treatments are available to reserve up to 4 months in advance. We recommend planning your visit for best availability, especially on weekends and during busy holiday time periods.
NEW: Scandinavian Baths access can now be reserved for guaranteed check-in times. The reservations calendar opens another week of availability every Thursday (this means there will be a minimum of 2 weeks open & maximum 3 weeks open for advance bookings).
Same day or last minute Baths visits will be managed daily by our wait list app. Guests can add their name to the wait list starting at 10am on the day of their visit. They will receive a text notification when it is time to check-in.
Please note: Vouchers and other promotional offers cannot be redeemed for RESERVED Baths.
Why is it so important to be quiet while visiting Scandinave Spa?
Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain is a tranquil and quiet escape. While in our outdoor, natural environment, Guests enjoy me-time and can disconnect from the stress and distractions of everyday life. We ask everyone to value the environment and to respect the experience of others.
For more information on the importance of quiet at Scandinave Spa, please visit our Blog page.
What should I bring?
Proper bathing suit attire is mandatory. A plastic or stainless steel water bottle, as well as sandals or flip-flops are recommended.
Massage Guests receive a rental robe for the duration of their visit. Baths Guests can bring their own robe or rent one.
A mask or face covering. Masks are required in all indoor spaces and during massage treatments.
All items can also be purchased in our boutique.
Each Guest receives 2 towels and a locker. Water refill stations are available throughout the spa site.
PLEASE NOTE: Personal hairdryers are not permitted in our change rooms at this time.
Since your facilities are outdoors, what happens in rain or poor weather?
The Scandinavian Baths are open year-round, rain, shine or snow. Our facilities are designed so that you can enjoy the hydrotherapy experience regardless of the weather. In the case of lightning during a thunderstorm, the outdoor Baths may close temporarily. On days with extreme weather warnings, please call ahead of your visit, or check our twitter page for more information and updates: www.twitter.com/scandinaveblue
Can we eat on site?
The Bistro is open for a limited selection of take-away food and beverages from 11:30am-6pm.
Are alcoholic drinks or cannabis permitted?
We strongly advise against alcohol/drug consumption prior to and during your Spa experience.
Management reserves the right to prohibit spa access to Guests who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
Are children allowed on site?
Access to the spa is limited to people 18 years and over. Guests may be asked to provide identification upon check-in.
Do you accept US dollars and third party gift cards?
We accept US dollars for payment and provide a fair exchange rate. This rate may not be the same as bank rates.
Please note we do not accept WaySpa and SpaFinder gift cards as payment.
Please be aware we will no longer be partnered with Life Experiences, effective December 31st, 2019. Our product offerings will be removed from the Life Experiences website as of January 1st, 2020.
Guests will be able to redeem Life Experiences plastic gift cards or paper e-certificates, purchased before December 31st, 2019 until April 30th, 2020.
I am pregnant. Can I have a massage anyway? Is it possible to experience the Baths?
All our Registered Massage Therapists are trained to give massages that are safe for pregnant individuals. Please mention whether a guest is pregnant when reserving a massage appointment.
The Scandinavian Baths are not recommended for pregnant individuals because the temperature changes could lead to complications. Please consult your health care provider.
Can I receive care if I am under medication or suffering from certain health problems?
We recommend that you discuss any issues with your health professional. If you are taking medication or have particular health problems (such as cancer), therapeutic treatments are sometimes best to avoid. A note from your doctor may be requested by your Massage Therapist. All Guests are asked to fill out a health form which asks specific questions about one’s health. The Massage Therapist will review this form with you before your treatment.
What are your illness policies?
A new health assessment is now required for all Guests in an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19. More information can be found here.
If Guests have a fever runny nose, cough, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, we recommend you delay your visit until another time. If Massage Guests are exhibiting any of these symptoms, your Therapist has the right to refuse treatment.
If you are ill and unable to check-in for your reservation, please call to speak to a Reservations team member at 705-443-8484. Changes and cancellations may be made up to 48 hrs in advance of the scheduled appointment. In emergency situations, cancellations may be made within 48 hours.
Are the facilities accessible to Guests with disabilities?
Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain meets all applicable accessibility standards. All Staff have completed the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act Training to welcome Guests with disabilities. The Spa permits service animals, mobility devices and we provide complimentary Baths access to Support Persons. For more information and to plan a visit, please call (705) 443-8484 to speak with a Guest Service agent.
I identify as LGBTQ2IA+. Do you have a gender neutral bathroom or change room?
We welcome everyone to experience our spa environment regardless of their gender identity. We have several gender neutral bathrooms in our reception area and in the Baths activity.
At this time we only have male and female designated change rooms and shower facilities. Guests can choose the change room they feel most comfortable using. All shower stalls are separated with partitions and curtains for privacy. The washroom areas in both change rooms have private stalls with lockable doors. We do offer two private curtained change rooms in the female designated space.
Personal belongings can be securely stored during the visit and our staff is available to accompany guests to other bathroom locations if more privacy is required.
Our Guest Services team is available to answer any questions or concerns in advance of your visit. Please call (705) 443-8484.
What clothing do I wear during a massage?
Our Therapist team is professional and respectful. Our Massage Therapists are trained to use sheets to keep you covered while being massaged & to respect your privacy. Only the area being massaged is uncovered. It is more comfortable to receive a massage when no clothing is worn, but we respect the choice of our clients who prefer to keep clothes on.
Do you accept groups? Do you have special group rates?
We are currently not accepting more than a maximum of 2 people experiencing the spa together. Due to capacity limitations and physical distancing protocols, we cannot make exceptions to this policy.
Do you provide on-site lodging? Do you offer lodging packages?
Scandinave Spa does not have overnight accommodations. Scandinave Spa is pleased to be associated with hotel partners in the area (Resorts, hotels, B&Bs and Inns). For more information on our getaway packages, please visit our Getaways Page.
Are animals/pets permitted on site?
Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain does not permit animals/pets to be left in a vehicle or on a leash while Guests are visiting the Spa. If an animal is left in a vehicle, please notify one our staff members so we can locate the Guest. Our animal/pet policy is in keeping with the Ontario SPCA and Human Society standards. For more information, please call Ontario SPCS 1-888-ONT-SPCA (668-7722) or visit www.ontariospca.ca.