A new year, a fresh start, a perfect time to implement a new habit and mindset.
Improving your personal health and wellness is one of the most popular things people do after the holidays. But sustaining new habits is not as easy as saying “My new year resolution is _______”.
In reality habits are hard to break. One reason is that habit patterns repeated regularity are literally etched into our neural pathways. The good news is, research has proven that through repetition, and consciousness, we can change these brain patterns and make it possible to form new habits.
Implementing a new habit and achieving results requires dedication, a conscious effort and the motivation to replace an old habit. Healthy habits start by creating some much needed, and much deserved me-time.
Here are 6 spa-inspired steps to success:
- Develop awareness, consciously recognize the cues and rewards of habit changes. Silence is the perfect way. Immerse yourself in silence, honouring silence is a form of mediation and a gateway to your conscious well being.
- Intentionally replace an old habit by choosing to substitute with a new one. For example, instead of spending money on a dinner out, invest that time and money in your health by visiting the Scandinavian Baths after work. View Promotions
- Join forces with somebody; getting a friend or like-minded person to join you is another way to implement a new habit. Give the gift or relaxation to that special someone.
- Visualize. See yourself succeeding with the new habit. Focus on the effects that a visit to the spa will result in, relaxation, revitalization and rejuvenation. All steps that lead you closer to improving your personal health and wellness.
- Disconnect to reconnect. Scandinave is a digital free spa, a digital detox experience which gives you the opportunity to truly disconnect from the everyday and reconnect with yourself. Release negativity and stress by letting the power of nature provide a calming and quiet environment with health benefits. Learn more about Forest Bathing
- Practice your new routine, even if you miss a repetition opportunity; keep on repeating the behavior, and it will eventually stick. Plan me-time in your calendar, consciously book your massage escape in advance or inquire about Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain memberships.
Did you know on average, it takes more than 2 months before a new behavior becomes routine? So, stay motivated and try not to get discouraged or be too hard on yourself if you get off track for a day or two. Me-time is the path to a healthier existence, but it isn’t an all or nothing process.
Scandinave Spa Blue Mountain is the perfect place to start creating the new habits you need to improve your overall health and feelings of accomplishment and gratitude.